Mining operations typically rely on highly corrosive chemicals and high-temperature throughputs, often presenting risks to the integrity of most piping systems. Without the right material that has the appropriate chemical resistance, these attributes can generate ongoing maintenance challenges and costly, premature failures.
Piping systems made with Corzan® CPVC can reliably handle aggressive chemicals as used in mineral processing, such as:
- Zinc sulfate
- Copper sulfate
- Sodium sulfate
- Sodium cyanide
- Sulfuric acid
Access the Chemical Resistance Chart and discover Corzan® CPVC’s resistance and compatibility against 400+ chemicals and compounds.
Piping systems must stand up in processing raw materials after excavation, in extracting precious materials from the ore, or in recuperating metals and minerals from the waste of electric and electronic equipment (WEEE). The strength and dependability challenges of piping systems are only going to rise:
- Existing mine sites and pits increase the extraction of lower concentrated ores from deeper in the Earth’s crust. The sustainability commitment for a circular approach requires countries to encourage their industry to invest into recycling plants to recuperate metals and minerals from the waste of electric and electronic equipment.
- Public expectation for environmental friendly sourcing, prevention of child labour and slavery and political pressure to become independent from other countries’ supply of rare Earths and precious minerals are contributing to the growing importance of Urban Mining.
Why Corzan® CPVC is the dependable choice for the industry
Made of an easy-to-install, durable, and high-performance CPVC, Corzan® pipe, fittings and valves provide the necessary mechanical strength required by mineral processing operations in following applications:
- Electrolysis operations
- Acid service lines
- Talining lines
- Gas vent scrubbers
- Froth flotation operations
- Wastewater treatment plants
Corzan® Industrial Systems ensure:
- The elimination of internal and external corrosion
- A reduced installation time whilst delivering on safety
- Lower total lifecycle and total system costs
- Outstanding hydraulic capabilities
- Unwavering performance in handling aggressive chemicals
Corzan® CPVC vs Other Materials
When compared to common metallic and non-metallic piping materials, Corzan® CPVC piping solutions can ensure superior performance and reliability. Where corrosion, sedimentation and crystallization would compromise the integrity of most metallic systems, Corzan® CPVC offers greater resistance to acids, bases, salts and aliphatic hydrocarbons.
With higher reliability and lower installation and maintenance costs than metal pipework and other alternative materials, a Corzan® CPVC industrial system will pay for itself.
Understanding CPVC Piping
Our report “Understanding CPVC Piping” will allow you to delve deeper into CPVC’s capabilities, advantages and performance in the harshest industrial applications.
Corzan® CPVC: The Reliable Solution
Corzan® Industrial Systems provide an exceptional balance of mechanical properties and chemical resistance needed in corrosive environments. They reduce life-cycle and capital costs, help avoiding expensive downtime and enable mineral processing plants to stay efficient and operational.